Denali National Park recently issued a notice seeking comments from the public as to what types of visitor services it would like to see provided at the park. Noting that there had been marked increases in winter and shoulder season visitation, the park is developing a guide for how the park will address this increase in use and improve the quality of the visitor experience. The questions the park is asking the public to respond to include:
- What is most important to you about the winter and shoulder seasons in Denali?
- Are there additional issues that the plan should consider?
- What should the winter and shoulder season visitor experience look and feel like?
- What visitor opportunities would you like to see Denali foster in these seasons?
- What are your concerns regarding winter and shoulder season planning in Denali, and how might those concerns be addressed?
The specific issues the park is considering include the public’s view on the look and feel of the visitor experience during these seasons, establishing an adequate visitor center, winter public use shelters and appropriate commercial opportunities. The park is seeking comments through November 30, 2018.